YETI Tundra Cooler Company is one of the best manufacturers of high-quality coolers in the whole world. YETI coolers are well known for their sturdiness and convenience.
YETI Tundra 35 and 45 coolers are the two well-known and best coolers of YETI. Now you might want to know which one is better. For that purpose, we have listed a detailed comparison between the YETI Tundra 35 vs. YETI Tundra 45 coolers to simplify your long search for the right cooler for your needs.
YETI Tundra 35 is compact and lightweight enough to be carried by one person, but still, Tundra 35 has an outstanding carrying space for up to twenty cans with an endorsed ratio of 2:1.
Ice remains ice for a long time because of its 3-inches of Perma-Frost material, and an additional thick FatWall layout is certified as Bear-Resistant. That means your food will stay protected inside this cooler.
The Roto-molded structure makes the Tundra coolers protected and unbreakable to the core. So, wherever you decide to take it, this transportable cooler’s robust creation will rise to the journey’s trials.
YETI Tundra 35 cooler has T-Rex Lid Latches built of strong rubber, so you will not see any busted latch. In addition, this cooler has patented keeper technology.
The outside dimensions of the YETI Tundra 35 cooler are 21 3/8 in length x 16 1/8 in width x 15 3/4 in height with an additional empty weight of 20 lbs and also comes with a dry basket for extra space.
The YETI tundra 35 comes in a cubic shape similar to Tundra 50, and also it comes in various colors. You can easily store bottles in this cooler as well. In addition, the food and water stay cool for approximately 5-6 days and, in some cases, 10 days.
- Compact: YETI Tundra 35 is so compact that one person can easily carry it.
- Powerful construction: T-Rex Lid Latches built of strong rubber
- Indestructible: The Roto-molded structure of this cooler makes it unbreakable and protected for a very long time
- Dimensions: 21 3/8 in length x 16 1/8 in width x 15 3/4 in height
- Bear-Resistant: the Perma-Frost material and FatWall layout makes this cooler Bear-Resistant
YETI Tundra 35 is very durable and lightweight that a person can easily carry single-handed. We highly recommend this product.
The YETI Tundra 45 is a mid-sized cooler. It comes with versatility and sturdiness with a potential of 26 cans with an endorsed 2:1 ratio. In addition, it comes with military nylon double-shell handles that allow easy portability for two people.
The thick walls of the YETI Tundra 35 are constructed using pressure-injected three inches Perma-Frost insulating material, giving cooler outstanding protection from harsh temperatures.
YETI tundra 45 is built from Roto-molded polyethylene, which guarantees durability and enormous impact resistance. In simple words, this cooler is very sturdy.
More it, YETI Tundra 43 comes in a rectangular cooler form that offers you extra space to save meals items and different essential matters that you’ll be wanting for your adventure.
The outside dimensions of the Tundra 45 cooler are 25 1/2 in length x 16 width x 15 1/2 in height with a curb weight of 23 pounds. In addition, all YETI coolers come with an additional dry basket for extra space.
The YETI Tundra 45 is also designed to store long-neck bottles. The lid of this cooler completely seals with a freezer-grade liner around the entire lid to reduce the airflow.
If you are in search of a legendary and almost indestructible cooler, then look no further; the YETI Tundra 45 is the cooler you will need because of its disruptive thermal performance. This cooler stands out the most in the Tundra series.
- Size: Tundra 45 is a mid-sized cooler, ideal for all sorts of adventures
- Storage: It comes with a potential of almost 26 cans with an endorsed 2:1 ratio
- Strong construction: Tundra 45 is built from Roto-molded polyethylene that ensures the durability of this product
- Dimensions: this cooler is 25 1/2 in length x 16 width x 15 1/2 in height with a curb weight of 23 pounds
- Unbreakable material: a legendary and almost indestructible cooler with disruptive thermal performance.
YETI Tundra 45 cooler is super sturdy and has a lot of storage space. We highly recommend considering this product.
Main Differences Between Tundra 35 And 45 Coolers
The Yeti Tundra 35 and 45 coolers have various equal standard features and layout options, but they also differ in few vital areas. Therefore, it is important to understand all of the main differences to make sure that you make the right decision about the product you need.
- Although both are the most popular sizes of the yeti cooler series, some differences pose a decision-making challenge for buyers, and the size comes first.
- The Yeti Tundra 45 cooler has the ability to store about 26-27 cans, additionally with 35 lbs. ice storage capacity. The Tundra 35 cooler, compared to the Tundra 45, can store about 20 cans and 30 lbs. ice storage capacity.
- The Tundra 45 cooler has a little larger length and area than the Tundra 35 cooler, which allows the user to keep extra cans of different beverages, meals, and ice. However, choosing between these amazing coolers isn’t always so easy. The size of the cooler varies with customer needs.
- The Tundra 45 weighs 23 pounds, while the Tundra 35 cooler weighs around 20 pounds. Therefore, the Tundra 35 cooler is more compact than the Tundra 45 cooler that is larger.
- The 35 cooler comes in a smaller size; however, it is mild weighted and less difficult to carry, while the Tundra 45 cooler has a large space but is a bit heavier than the 35 cooler.
- If you plan to go on a long trip and don’t have a car, weight can be a big factor. Comparing the yeti 35 and 45 coolers in weight makes you wonder if the product’s lightness is of any use to you compared to the size. In the end, It all depends on your needs.
- The Tundra 35 cooler is 21 in length x 16 in width and x 15 in height, while the Tundra 45 is 25 in length x 16 in width and x 15 in height.
- There is a slight difference between both of these products. The Yeti tundra 35 is a bit higher in height, plus it also is light-weighted.
- Before making any decision, the question to ask yourself is, does your vehicle fit a larger cooler or a short one? Is a shorter cooler is more appropriate, or do you prefer a larger one? Take these questions into consideration as your comfort matters a lot.
Ice Reservation and Capacity
- Storage and preservation of ice is another main factor to consider. The Tundra 35 has an ice capability of approximately 20 pounds compared to the Tundra 45 cooler, which has an ice capability of 34 pounds.
- This means that the Tundra 45 yeti can comprise extra ice storage, and it can preserve the food for a long time than the content of the tundra 35 cooler. More ice potential means extra ice retention.
- The Tundra 45 can be of great utility for prolonged trips. In contrast, the Tundra 35 cooler can be better for small trips. This additionally relies on the person using the cooler and their needs.
Similarities between YETI Tundra 35 and 45 Coolers
Both of these coolers have considerably exceptional layout standards and capabilities; both have many similarities. Therefore, we will go through some of the similarities between the Tundra 35 cooler and 45 cooler to help you select one of your needs.
- Both of them are made from a thick-walled design with built-in permafrost insulation, which makes sure that your meal stays at the desired temperature for as long as needed.
- This insulating feature is something you won’t find in any other cooler, and this is also one of the reasons for Yeti’s cooler’s popularity.
- YETI Tundra 35 and 45 cooler feature two distinct configurations and types of handles. Both products’ features provide greater mobility when out in the wild.
- YETI gives you a choice of selecting between a strong set of plastic handles or handles constructed from a rope on both of their products. Regardless of whatever choice you make, each handle kind will offer you a strong grip on your cooler for easy portability.
- The Tundra 45 cooler and the 35 cooler include a unique lid layout called a T-Rex lid connected directly to the cooler’s body to ensure all the cooler items are fully sealed and protected.
- The lid of these coolers is also designed for sturdiness even after long-term use. The lid of YETI coolers also stands out the most.
- The Tundra 35 and Tundra 45 cooler is manufactured with waterproof material that ensures that the meal preserved in the cooler stays protected from any harsh weather conditions. In addition, these coolers are manufactured to deliver durability.
- Both of these coolers are Bear-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about attracting any bears; these coolers can undoubtedly withstand any environment that you are in.
- YETI 35 and 45 come with an advanced patented security system called “ColdLock” that ensures all the food in the cooler stays at an optimum temperature. This system uses a freezer-grade gasket that fits right between the cooler and the lid to give a thick preservation layer against air infiltration or leakage inside the cooler.
- This mechanism is present in both containers that help you store your food by making it an all-around locking mechanism.
Buying Guide of YETI Tundra 35 and 45 Coolers
YETI Tundra 35 and 45 coolers come with many advanced features. The features YETI provides in their cooler are not found in any other standard cooler. Therefore, we have listed some of the features you should consider before buying a cooler.
- The first thing to look for before buying any cooler is their storage. YETI Tundra 35 and 45 cooler both have remarkable storage.
- You can easily choose according to your preferences. If you need a compact cooler, you must go with YETI Tundra 35, and if you need a cooler with more space, you should go with the Tundra 45.
- The durability of coolers you are buying matters a lot. The solid the construction is, the more durable the product becomes.
- For example, have a look at YETI 35 and 45 cooler. These coolers are manufactured with a solid material, making them more durable than any other cooler out there.
Design and Construction
- Like other features, the design of the product also matters. The design of the product is the first thing any person sees. The YETI Tundra 35 and 45 coolers are made of unique design.
- The material used in the booth cooler speaks for itself. The sturdy manufacturing of both coolers makes them unbreakable and long-lasting.
Capability of Ice-Retention
- The main reason for purchasing a cooler is to keep your food cold and protected. If your cooler can not keep your food cold at your desired temperature, it is of no use. Therefore, the capability of ice-retention is a must.
- YETI Tundra 35 and 45 coolers can keep your food cold for more than 5 to 6 days. The construction of Roto-molded material keeps the food cold for a very long time.
Is Tundra 35 too small?
The YETI Tundra is a compact, lightweight cooler that has a carrying space of up to twenty cans. Therefore, one person can easily carry YETI Tundra 35. Furthermore, the cooler is 21 in length x 16 in width x 15 in height, which makes this cooler ideal for short camping trips.
How long YETI 35 and 45 can hold ice?
YETI Tundra 35 can hold ice for up to 5 to 7 days, while Tundra 45 can hold ice for 10 to 11 days. Both of these coolers have an impressive ice-retention that can keep food cold for a very long time.
Are YETI coolers expensive?
YETI is undeniably the number 1 brand for coolers. If we keep the quality and durability in mind, the YETI coolers cost a lot, but once you buy a YETI cooler, you know that the money you invest in them is worth it.
How to clean a YETI cooler?
For the long-lasting of a product, you must clean them on regular use. You can easily clean the coolers with the use of any soap and water. If the cooler has stains, then try using bleach mixed with water and use a scrubber.
Which one is the best, YETI 35 or 45 cooler?
It depends on your needs; the main difference between both coolers is their size. If you are going on a long vamping trip, Yeti 45 will suit you the best. On the other hand, if you are going for small camping trips, you should consider purchasing YETI 35 cooler.
Buying a cooler is a one-time investment that can help you store your food on many trips. However, the YETI 35 vs. 45 has a little bit of difference. Both the YETI Tundra 35 and 45 coolers are outstanding products. Hopefully, the difference between 35 and 45 cooler helped you make the right decision depending on your personal needs.